Saturday, March 21, 2015

[Book Reviews] From Miracle to Maturity (2012) by Eichengreen et al.

I am somehow obsessed with posting my 'public' book reviews in Goodreads but here I want to post the context under which I chose to read and write about the book, which wouldn't necessarily be a 'review'.

I am currently using this book for my Korea at Global Context (GLOA 450-003), which is essentially about the political economy of rise and maturation(fall) of South Korea.

Although it seemed quite challenging to read for undergrads (most of whom seniors), what they talk about sheds pretty fresh light on how we are all making such a big fuss about the recent slowdown of Korean economy.

If students had some more background knowledge about South Korean political economy, having read such texts like Amsden, Wade, or Woo, the book would have better helped class discussions.

Definitely recommendable!



No comments:

Post a Comment